do trang tri sinh nhat Casey Demons vs. do trang tri sinh nhat tphcm More great signing news to finish off the week as we welcome 21yo toi den tphcmkey position swingman My team manages client accounts from China, Japan and Korea. My core clients are from Korea TPHCM, and I take care of building strong relationships with them by managing their accounts to grow and meet their goals and KPIs. ten tieng nhat hay cho nu from… More great signing xuong ao thun si news to finish off the tu vung tieng nhat theo chu deweek as we welcome 21yo swingman @LachlanTrev21 from…"Islands are leading innovative solutions for the hoc tieng anh cơ bản ở Hà Nội necessity of our people’s and country’s survival. Strong partnerships are critical to making these solutions a reality. I call on you to join our Global Island Partnership to work together to build resilient and sustainable island communities."The Hōkūle‘a and her crew set sail from trung tâm dạy tiếng anh Hà Nội Hawai‘i in May 2014 as part of the Mālama Honua tieng anh cho nguoi mat goc Worldwide Voyage and used only the tools available to a sustainable website hoc tieng anh and resilient future for our island Earth.

Promoting action to build resilient and sustainable island communities

Leadership Roundtable on Small-Scale Fisheries and Resilience

Date: Tuesday, 1 December 2015
Location: UNFCCC COP21, Paris, France
Host: President of Palau and Global Oceans Commissioner Jose-Maria Figueres
Coordinators: Rare with the support of FAO, WWF and GLISPA
 
 

 

Date: Tuesday, 1 December 2015
Location: UNFCCC COP21, Paris, France
Host: President of Palau and Global Oceans Commissioner Jose-Maria Figueres
Coordinators: Rare with the support of FAO, WWF and GLISPA
 

President of Palau, H.E. Tommy E. Remengesau Jr. and Global Ocean Commissioner Jose Maria Figueres with partners Rare, FAO, WWF and GLISPA brought together leaders from all sectors committed to strengthening the capacity and role of small-scale fisheries in reducing the vulnerability of coastal communities to climate change. "It is the responsibility for those of us who represent and work with coastal communities that rely on small-scale fisheries to connect the dots between the importance of this resource to food security and livelihoods and adaptation." summarized the evening’s facilitator, Gerald Miles of Rare.

 

Empowering communities to manage their natural resources sustainably, will improve their social and ecological resilience to climate change and ocean acidification.  In the context of COP21, the solutions agenda, and the Sustainable Development Goals—the group assembled  recognized that community-based solutions for small-scale fisheries must feed into the discussion and guidance for adaptation globally and nationally in both development and adaptation plans. Without this connection, the financing to rapidly scale these solutions is unlikely to materialize and coastal communities, largely in the developing tropics, will struggle and shoulder the costs of a problem they did not create.

 

President Remengesau stated in his welcoming remarks, “The Palau National Marine Sanctuary was created to ensure that our children and grandchildren can continue to harvest the resources of the ocean, not to simply lock the door and throw away the key.  One of the most important components of the newly-passed Sanctuary is to transition to a small-scale domestic fishery by the year 2020 in order to meet the food security needs of our people and our visitors.”

 

President Remengesau and the Palau delegation are actively exploring possible partnerships with experts in the field of small-scale fishery development in order to create a model industry in Palau’s 20% Domestic Fishing Zone.   “The goal of creating the 80% no-take zone in the Palau National Marine Sanctuary is to protect pelagic species and this will create a spill-over effect to the remaining 20% Domestic Fishing Zone where the fish can be caught by our future small-scale domestic fishery.  This will also alleviate the fishing pressure on our near-shore reefs as well as ensure that there are fish for the domestic market here in Palau.” stated newly appointed Executive Director of the Palau National Marine Sanctuary, Keobel Sakuma.