Celebrating Bright Spots, Leadership & Successes in Island Conservation & Sustainable Livelihoods
Date: Tuesday 16 October 2012 Location: Eleventh meeting of the Convention on Biological Diversity Conference of the Parties (CBD COP-11), Hyderabad, India Host: India and Seychelles Description: After two years of review, the revision of the special work programme for islands within the Convention on Biodiversity was adopted at COP 11 in Hyderabad (Decision XI/15). This is a momentous opportunity for islands to continue their work as leaders in achieving the Aichi Targets. Island Innovations was held to celebrate the progress made since the adoption of the programme of work on island biodiversity (COP 9, Decision XI/21). This one day event was held in two parts:
- Island Bright Spots, a half day knowledge exchange that focused on a selection of bright spots and determined how these successes can be scaled and replicated
- Island Life, a high level evening celebration that mobilized leadership and commitment to action of island countries and countries with islands to developing innovative solutions to global challenges.
Please read the EVENT SPOTLIGHTfor full details on the event.
- EVENT SPOTLIGHT: Islands Deliver two successful events and support a revised programme of work on island biodiversity during CBD COP-11
- Islands Are Taking Action! Learn about how islands are showing the way to effectively conserve biodiversity and sustainable livelihoods. Further action is need that builds on what works. Commit to take action now!
- Islands Are Taking Action! - FRENCH
- Islands Are Taking Action! - SPANISH
- Decision XI/15. Review of the programme of work on island biodiversity. Advance Unedited Copy of COP-11 Decisions.
- Report of the Sixteenth Meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice (SBSTTA-16) including the in-depth review recommendations on programme of work on island biodiversity.